Approx. Rs 1,999 / KilogramGet Latest Price
|Minimum Order Quantity||100 Kilogram|
Niobium (Nb) is a grey, rare and soft transition metal with a white lustre.
• Nb is most commonly found in the minerals pyrochlore and columbite, which also contains tantalum in various proportions.
• More than 90% of Nb is transformed in standard grade Ferro-Niobium (FeNb) by adding iron and aluminum. FeNb contains ~66% Nb.
• FeNb is an alloying agent, mainly used in the production of High-Strength Low-Alloy Steels (HSLA):
• Vehicles, Structural, Pipelines, Bridges, Long Products
• Using Niobium to enhance steel has many benefits:
• Adds strength, Lightens weight, Improves flexibility/weldability, Increases durability, Reduces cost.
Ferroniobium, which is consumed by steel plants, where it is a key component in the manufacture of specialist high strength steels.rroniobium, which is exported to steel plants, where it is a key component in the manufacture of specialist high strength steels.Niobium, formerly columbium is a lustrous, grey, ductile, paramagnetic metal in group 5 of the periodic table, although it has an atypical configuration in its outermost electron shells compared to the rest of the members. Niobium becomes a superconductor at cryogenic temperatures. Niobium is used as an alloying agent in carbon and alloy steels and in non-ferrous metals, as it improves the strength of the alloy. It is also used in jet engines and rockets. This element has superconductive properties and is used in superconductive magnets which retain their properties in strong magnetic fields. This type of application could be used for the large-scale generation of electricity.